Sunday, April 01, 2012

Oreo Brownies


I'm not much of a dessert person. There are a few things that I have a weakness for, like ice cream and shortbread, but my sweet tooth isn't that developed. I do love brownies too, though, and when I saw this recipe for these brownies on What's Gaby Cooking, I knew I had to try them.

They are insanely good and I could probably eat the whole pan of them. My husband said they're some of the best brownies he's ever had. They are gooey and chocolatey, but the Oreos on top give them a nice crunch too. They are so delicious - you have to make them right now! (I'm kind of serious.)


Ingredients:
  • 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cup of white sugar
  • 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 15 Oreos, crushed and divided


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once it is melted, mix in the sugar and cocoa powder. When the ingredients are mixed together, remove the saucepan from the stovetop.


Either in the saucepan if you have room, or in a separate large bowl, combine the cocoa mixture with the salt, vanilla extract and eggs and whisk everything together.


Stir in the flour, chocolate chips and half of the crushed Oreos with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed together.


Use a spatula to scoop the batter into a greased 9x9 baking dish and spread it flat. Spread the remaining Oreo bits on top of the batter. Bake the batter at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.



When they are done baking, let them cool before you cut them and remove them from the pan. Enjoy them and try not to go into sugar overload!


***

    Inspired By Felicity Blog

StoneGable   The Sweet Spot   Mixitup

UndertheTableandDreaming    

  Our Delightful Home

Addicted to Recipes Button, Page button

10 comments:

  1. Wow! - That looks wonderful!! Stopping by from "Inspired by Felicity" blog hop.
    Thanks
    Angie
    www.godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brownies DO look insane... insanely delicious and decadent! Two of my children LOVE chocolate, so I am making them this great brownie!
    Thanks for bringing your sweet treat to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish that my sweet tooth wasn't developed, lol. These look delicious, thank so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up to the Recipe Party @ The Sweet Spot. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks right up my alley, yum!
    found you via the Sweet Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from On the Menu Monday! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks simply devine! I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-8.html to share this recipe with my readers.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... It looks SO YUMMY!!!
    I am keeping this recipe to try!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Beautify It Monday - We hope you'll come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oreos and brownies sound like a great combination to me! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday! This week's party is now open, would love for you to come by! http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/p/link-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing from you!

Are you a no-reply blogger? Make sure you have set your profile to show your email address so that you can get replies to your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...